Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Quick Write: Write about a time when you were brave

One time I was brave was when I was left home alone during a huge storm. I was already afraid of thunder and lightning, and the neighbors dog howling didn't help. Anyway, I was sitting in my room watching a movie huddled up in a blanket when I heard a loud noise coming from the washing machine . It sounded like something was trying to get out of it, it was hitting the sides of it, scratching. I decided that it was either face the rain and lightning and thunder or take back my house from this washing machine monster. As I was stepping outside to face the elements I remembered something, my favorite jeans were in the washing machine. My poor jeans, they must be terrified, I thought. So I put on a brave face and went back to the washing machine, opened the lid, and came face to face with the most hideous, the most vicious, cockroach in the world. I got my shoe and gave the loudest battle cry I could manage and crushed the monster to death. I saved my jeans, took back my house, and found my bravery.

No comments:

Post a Comment