Thursday, September 19, 2013

3 of the Top Greatest 40 Photos

(photograph by Louie Favorite)
What made me pick this photo as one of my favorites was the emotion on this mothers face. She had just returned from serving 7months in Iraq, but it looked like, in this moment, that the only thing that mattered in the world was her little girl, that all the bad she must have seen just melted away. I noticed it because most of the other photos were in black and white but the color in this photo pops. I think this photo made the top 40 because of the emotion and simplicity of it; people are just walking by in what seems to be an airport but its still such a powerful scene.



(photograph by Ioana Maldovon)
I liked this photo because even in the midst of this riot a little bit of love and innocence came through. This photo captured my attention because just by seeing the first part of the picture you can sense a tension, the way the police are lined up and the people are standing just makes it feel like something is going to happen like an "Us against Them". I think this photo made the top 40 because it gives hope, it says (to me) that there is good everywhere, in all of us.


(photograph by Clarence L. Benjamin)
i like this photo because of the looks of pure joy on these peoples faces. It caught my attention because it looked like a newspaper clipping. I think this made the top 40 because it showed the end of a long oppression, and the survivors of one of the most cruel acts in history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment